1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 Chevy w/western conv. trade for unimount?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 7d9_z28, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

well, i got a new truck, so my 89 has to go. it has a running problem. im a certified mechanic, i got nothin. i took it to a local parts/repair shop that i really trust, they got nothin. it runs ( a little rough) and drives, but after a short time it spits and sputters and acts like its on 2 cylinders. but sometimes will smooth right out. i know it will need a new gas tank. and probably lines/sending unit/ pump. has new filter, and i replaced computer and spark module.
    350/700r4/unknown tcase
    i know 4 wheel works, has ok interior
    has decent tires, supposedly around 70,000 on rebuild of motor but i got no papers. not very rusty, front fenders are rusted under the flares, and bottom of tailgate is rusty but still works great. has a conventional 7'6" western plow (cable op) works great, i only got to push snow with it once, but it operates fine.

id like a unimount or other quick mount setup of same size for my 98 chevy 1/2 ton. the plow on the 89 is bolted and welded on, i have no time to remove it. plus i dont want the frame on year round.
    i may sell outright, not sure on a price yet. would much rather trade for a newer plow for my truck

my names alec
    email sk8er_14_bob@yahoo.com
    cell (feel free to text too) 616 212 7658

2. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

if you would separate i would take the blade and the undercarrage. i have a chevy dump of the same vintage with an underhood pump but the blade is shot.

4. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

would be too much work to separate (for me) its welded to the frame