1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 cherokee plow set up [help]

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Paulie's Plowin, May 14, 2009.

1. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

looking to put a plow on my 89 cherokee I'm on ebay alot and was wondering what i need [parts] to look for. frame ect part #s thanks
  2. jeepcj3

jeepcj3 Junior Member

Any luck with the Cherokee?

I am trying to set up a '93 Cherokee to plow. I bought a used Western 6.5' plow complete that came off a Jeep Commando (front leaf springs). I am trying to locate a mounting bracket or modify the one I have. Have you had any success with your '89? Does anyone have any suggestions? I will be doing light residential plowing - no parking lots, only driveways and small apartment complexes. Thanks
  3. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

Havent put a alot of effort into this yet good luck on your search. will be looking soon for my stuff not sure what exackly im looking for yet.
  4. jeepcj3

jeepcj3 Junior Member

Thanks. I found my complete working plow on Craig'slist for $350. I just need to modify the mount i guess - I haven't been able to find a specific Cherokee mount.
  5. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

Do you know what key words I need to look for as far as my setup goes. what yr ect ect.
  6. jeepcj3

jeepcj3 Junior Member

Sorry, I don't. I am very new to this. I have owned many Jeeps, but this is the first time I am putting a plow on one. I knew I wanted less than 7' wide, and a brand name. I also wanted it to be complete with mounting brackets. I just checked Craigslist and EBay everyday (nearly) for about 2 weeks, and this plow came up. i guess I got lucky. I also have a Father-in-Law who can make anything out of nothing, so double lucky. I have yet to find a specific mounting bracket from any manufacturer for the XJ Cherokee.
  7. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Sno-Way ST or MT series. I have a 7 1/2 foot ST-90 on my 00 XJ. Sno-Way stopped making this series a few years ago. There may be some new ones laying around at different dealers. Otherwise you will need to go used. Go up to the Sno-Way forum and ask around.

8. jeepcj3

jeepcj3 Junior Member

Can i use this mount with the Western plow I just bought?
  9. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Any XJ mount from 84-01 should work, you may need to drill a few extra holes but everything should fit. For Western specifically you can get a Unimount #61890 or Conventional #60462 chances are neither one is still in production but you can probably get each individual part that is included in the mount kit however it will be expensive.

In short here's the list of mounts I know were made whether they are available or not.

Meyer Drive Pro #18084DP
    Meyer TM Series #18084
    Western Unimount #61890
    Western Conventional #60462
    Blizzard LT Series #B32157
    Snoway MT & ST #99100345 and Nosepiece #96103002 (BOTH are required)

The Meyer and Blizzard mounts are 2 that are more likely to be in production since those model plows are still available.
  10. jeepcj3

jeepcj3 Junior Member

Thanks, I'll check into those. Paulie, I'll let you know what I find out.