1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 Cherokee Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by calvin89jeep, Apr 15, 2007.

1. calvin89jeep

calvin89jeep Junior Member

I am very new to Jeeps or anything 4 wheel drive so please keep that in mind. Is this normal, when i put my 89 Cherokee into 4 wheel drive it drives funny on short slow turns kinda jumps a little. Driving straight its normal but if I slow down to almost a crawl and turn sharp it jumps a little. thanks everyone.
    Calvin

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

That's normal, all 4 wheels are trying spin at the same rate and while turning they can't hence the binding.

3. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Just make sure your seat belt is on Calvin, then hang on and enjoy the experience.

BTW, get a plow on it yet?

4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Yeah thats normal, as said it's the driveline binding. Don't do it on dry pavement unless you like replacing front u-joints.

5. calvin89jeep

calvin89jeep Junior Member

Jeep Binding

Thanks fellows didn't know if it was tearing in two or what haha.
    Hi Dan been looking around local and cant find a thing, I do know of a old fellow that used to plow with a old Willys pickup I want to check to see if he kept it and wants to sell it.
    Calvin