1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'89 Burb Heater Core

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Wally3128, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Wally3128

Wally3128 Junior Member

Fellas,
    :confused: I need to get some instructions on replacing the heater core on the wife's '89 Suburban!!

Thank you,

Wally

2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

It shouldnt be that bad... the core itself is most likely under the dash, pass side inside the heater box... just a PITA to change.

3. ratplow408

ratplow408 Member
    from PA

Get yourself a Chiltons manual and follow instructions. It is a PITA,but can be done in a few hours.I replaced one in my 91 full size blazer it should be the same.There is a stud on the outside firewall down by the inside fender that is hard to get the nut off of(mine was covered w/ undercoating and snapped).And on the ducting on the inside there is a door operated by vacuum switch that has a plastic hinge on end of arm, that also broke. GM part # for hinge is 3018715. Good luck.