1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89' Bronco (full size)

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by andym691, Oct 5, 2004.

1. andym691

andym691 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I installed a Meyer 7.5 E-47, on my Bronco, do I need to do anything to the front suspension, not looking to do any serious comercial plowing just mainly my own and I am sure all the family will be calling too :) Any help from previous Bronco owners will be appreciated, Thanks
  2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Check out the Snow Plowing Discussion Forum, Ford Full Size Broncos ????
  3. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

My dad and I have used Broncos for commercial plowing for over 15 years. Best way to go IMO. We have never had a problem. There are two different front GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Ratios) for those trucks though. If you have the heavier of the two your likely ok. If you have the 2800lb one then you will likely want to get air bags or stronger springs. AirLift makes a great kit for those. I have them on mine. And the only reason I have them is because I plow with a lifted truck with softer springs. I think you will be fine.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Put some timbrerns on the front. They take the place of the factory bump stops for the suspension. The support the weight of the plow and take the stress off the stock suspension. Add heavy duty shocks to the front and you should be set! Make sure you have manual hubs and keep up on the maintenance of the truck. Transmission cooling and charging are real important!