1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'89-'90 ish era fisher plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fiver, Jan 31, 2000.

1. fiver

fiver Junior Member

Hi everybody<br>I recently aquired an '88 toyota 4x4 that the previous owner used for residential plowing . The plow came with the truck and i wan't about to complain, but as we get into the winter season here i am realizing that i have really zero free time to even learn how to use a snowplow, let alone try to start any type of business operation with it. So i'm thinking of selling it and i have an interested buyer, but i have NO IDEA what something like this should be worth.<br>I believe that it is an 89 or 90 plow - fischer hydrolic style. if someone could just give me an idea of the price range i should be asking that would be really great. also what type of charge should i expect to have a mechanic transfer the truck mounted portions of the system from one vehicle to another? <p>Thanks a bunch.<br>

2. bill

bill Junior Member

Call a fisher distributor ask him how<br>much a new one was back in whatever year<br>you have. That will tell you the cost new.<br>Look at yours what condition is it in.<br>How much do new ones now cost?<br>As in all things you always try to start<br>out high - you can always come down but not<br>go up on price. As the distributor how<br>much they want to do a trasfer - it will<br>cost some $$$$. Nothing cheap nowadays.<br>bill

3. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

If it mounts on a Toyota, your market is limited. It would probably bring $500-800 around here, depending on size and condition.

4. fiver

fiver Junior Member

thanks all<br>that gives me a good starting place