1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8875 Deere electrical problem.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 4x4Farmer, Nov 20, 2007.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Little problem tonight while trying to mount a strobe on this skid. Had power in the power outlet on the back of the cab, then cut though a live wire hooked into it (yes I know that was stupid) and then there was no power there any more. I checked the fuse in the cab labled as the strobe switch witch runs that back power outlet and it was fine, but just be safe I changed it. Still nothing. I have checked every fuse on the machine and they are all fine. I tested the fuse port and there is power there. Then I pulled the switch out and there is no power coming into the switch at any time. What did I do?? Im also confused casue the cover inside the cab says its the strobe fuse and the book shows it the fuel pump fuse in that postion. Any help would be great, thanks!

2. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

haha.. you're kidding right? You have all that equipment and this problem. Sorry, couldn't resist. It's pretty hard to diagnose an electrical problem over the web. My advice, spend just a little itty bitty bit of cash and get a tech to hook it up.

A big percentage of our co. trucks and some bobcats have had "backyard electricians" put things in...man what a mess.

Seriously, it will save you money payup, aggravation and lost time.

Today, we got back one of our sweepers we use for parking lots, getting it ready for next year, and the problems were over the ability of my shop and it cost $1,200 for many misc repairs all over this machine. It's sometimes better to accept our limitations and go for pro help. :)

Good luck

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Im not going to take it in. It cant be that hard of problem to fix. I like working on equipment but sometimes run into troubles, but instead of giving up I just turn to resourses and this is one of the best resourses that I know of. I do know what you are talking about though when it comes to "backyard electricians" I have worked on some stuff like that before, and belive me, I do better work then that. I guess at this point im thinking my problem is either at the fuse or else between the fuse box and the switch. I guess I'll call the dealer in the morning and see what they say.

4. Northland

Northland Senior Member

There are two different fuse boxes on the 8875's. One in the cab in the upper right as you sit in it. And the main one is in the engine comartment on the left side front. Check there as well. Those tend to blow too when wiring stuff in. Why I know this...dont ask or I may be labled as a backyard electrician because I do my own service.

5. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Yeah I checked all those also, acually I blew the key one while sticking a toad sticker ( test light) in the power outlet in the cab! Yeah we have wired all of our strobes on all of our equipment and theres no way I would pay someone else to do that. Well I'll see what I find tonight I guess. Im sure its something stupid. Hey northland, did you ever find a cab for yours or are you going to be a polor bear this winter.

6. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I bought a door on ebay and I just made the side windows outta plexi. Built a hot water heater outta a heater off a 53 ford truck. I know the heater will prob go out cuz its a ford but.... :nod:

7. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

lol, that should work. I got her working last night. That back outlet must have been wired by a "backyard electrician" cause it wasent tied in with the fuse that it said it was, it wasent tied into any fuse. So I ran a new wire from a fuse to the switch and I was back in business.