1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$880 for Plowing Insurance?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Oct 26, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I have revieced several quotes for plowing insurance thus far, the least expensive one being $880 for the plowing season- $500,000 liability $500 deductable. My question is- who's got JUST PLOWING insurance for any price less than this? I know several guys ahev said they are paying like $300 something, but no one has mentioned who their insurance company is. If someone can shed some light on getting inexpensive plowing insurance (less than $880), I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance-
  2. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I was just quoted about $730 for 500K and about $800 for 1M. I can look up the exact amount later but I believe thats close.

Thats in Mass.
  3. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

you should never carry anything less them 1M.
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

$1400 for 1 million
    but it's a different state
    that's all the difference.

and yeah, you should get 1 million minimum. Most contracts require that also.
  5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

mkwkl wat insurance comp qouted you 880?
  6. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I got a quote for $550.00 / year. 1 million coverage with Med pay and a few other goodies. Liability only though, Full coverage with $500.00 deductable would add $200.00

Located in Illinois
  7. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

Have someone check with Ohio Casualty i pay $350.00 and thats with 1 million payup
  8. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

When you get a few prices, shoot me a PM. Maybe we can get a few Jersey guys together and get a little break. I am looking for better insurance too! payup