1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 Toyota V6,automatic, 4x4, 6.5' MM

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Nascar Fan, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

This was my dads truck bought new and after he died I bought it from my mom.It needs some tlc as you can see,but it does run and go very well,it just does not stop too well,the brakes are wacked out and I havent any idea why.I did install a new timing belt and water pump less than 300 miles ago.The truck has been sitting for about 7-8 months but I put the key in today and it spun over 4-5 times and sat right there and ran great.Put it in gear and moved it back and forth with no delays going into any gear.The driveline of the truck is real good the body is getting bad,but for a Toyota it's not as bad as a lot of them i have seen.I took pics of the frame on both sides just in front of the tires,,just in front of where the rear spring hangers are and it is still solid.It does need an exhaust,the gas gauge does not work--I bought a used one that did work off Ebay.If you let it get real low on gas the yellow fuel light does work still.I tried replacing the master cylinder and both rear wheel cylinders but the pedal is real real spngy and if you pump them up they get better but it acts like it's only using the rear brakes.The last thing I can think of is where the fuel pump goes into the top of the tank needs the braket/holder for the fuel pump replaced because it broke the bolts,little 1/4 bolts to hold the sender down broke,and the fuel pump needed to be replaced.I also have an extra coil/igniter assembly(price them new $$$$$)that I got off Ebay also I bought that because the bid was ending in 1 minute and they wanted $5.00 for it so I bought it and I put it on the truck when it arrived and it ran fine so I just hung on to it to have just in case.It has a 6.5' Fisher MM setup that goes with it.I have two blades for it and the blade on it now needs to be swapped because it's in bad shape.the extra blade has a rusthole about the size of a dime in it but could easily be fixed and used.I will post pics next.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

is this for sale? or you just telling us about it?

Re: brakes, on my 94 there is valve at the frame by the spare tire. you have to bleed this too when you do brake line work. I couldn't figure out where the air was in my system until I found it. Not sure if the 88 has the same valve too.

3. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

No,its for sale and that valve is a load sensing type thing that applies more rear brake when you carry a load/tow a trailer and yes I have bled it about 300x's,and cannot find air in it anywhere in the system,but thank you very much for the help.

4. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Trying to post pics

Picture 042.jpg

5. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

here are some more

I have a few pics

6. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Still trying to get this to work

Picture 038.jpg

7. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 022.jpg

8. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 023.jpg

9. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 025.jpg

10. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 030.jpg

11. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 031.jpg

12. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 039.jpg

13. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 040.jpg

14. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

try it again.

15. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Picture 035.jpg

16. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Last one,I did forget to mention that the crap in the bed will be cleaned out.I left the truck at a friends house when it was taken off the road,and he had asked if he paid for the reg and insurance if he could use it,I told him to go ahead and he loaded the truck up then let it sit there.I also posted the cab mount pics so you could see the cab corners are not rotted or broke just like the frame pics.I am not trying to screw anybody on this truck,I know it's not perfect and am looking for offers.

Picture 037.jpg

17. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

to bad your in upstate new york, with a sandblaster, some bondo,sheet metal, welder and some paint that would be a sweet driveway rig. good luck selling it

18. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Trust me If I had the time and cash to fix it,instead of having to hang one on my Ram I would love to keep it and fix it.But I would rather sell it to someone who needs it to use rather than watch it sit and rot too.

19. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Open to Offers,as long as it's a reasonable offer I am willing to listen...........

20. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member