1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'88 K1500, older plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ding, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Ding

Ding Member

I just went through a similar experience.

I am guessing that this plow is a conventional mount where the headgear stays with the truck when the plow is disconnected. If so all of the following applies, if not only some applies . . .

1. Make sure that your state allows the headgear to remain on the truck if you plan to take the truck on the road with the plow off. The headgear can be removed, but this involves taking several bolts out and lowering a heavy bit of steel so you likely only want to do it once a year.
    2. If you haven't already done so, spend some time at www.fisherplows.com in the Technical Documents section to familurize yourself with the names for the various parts, and how they are assembled.
    3. Measure the distance between the ears on the A-frame because this will affect which pushplates you will actually need.
    4. Once you know all of this post your findings, and then we can likely help you find what you need.

I learned several of these items the hard way after I had already obtained some parts. I had to modify some parts, and fabricate others. We can likely save you from the same experience.

Post pictures if you can.