1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 GMC K3500, Western cable plow,snowex 1075 swinger CHICAGO

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Builder630, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Builder630

Builder630 Member

Used this truck the last two years, I believe it needs a transfer case and a bit if brake work. Has a nice 7-6 Western cable plow, rotating roof lights, snow ex 1075 with the controller and swing away mount. The salter worked last winter, but I think I have a loose connection at the plug now. Good bed, bed liner. With minimal work it's a great starter or a backup. Or part it out. Has a good 350 engine and the 400 trans was rebuilt 2 years ago when I bought the truck.newer battery, shocks, etc. $2,000 CASH. Builder630@yahoo.com

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Any pictures?

3. Builder630

Builder630 Member

I'll post some later today.

4. Builder630

Builder630 Member

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Are the cab corners rotted out? Looks like the cab is about 8 inches lower than it should be.

6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Needs cab mounts.

7. Builder630

Builder630 Member

Correct, need the driver mount. It's no show truck, I used it to plow and pull my boat.

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I had a cab mount rot out like that. I just lifted the cab and welded a 1/4" plate to the top of the mount. Drilled a hole in it and boom, all fixed.

It's really easy to do and I would recommend doing it so it looks a little better.

9. Builder630

Builder630 Member

I agree, I have plenty of steel and a couple welders here, I just have other things occupying my time. If I don't sell the truck I'll prob weld it up in the spring and just keep the truck on an account property.