1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 gmc 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by doo-man, May 10, 2009.

1. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Well just finished fixing up the 88 that I recently picked up, After may long days and sleepless nights its finaly finished. Gonna install 7'6" western. Use it mainly for work truck hauling the landscape trailer and plow truck !!

prsportGreat site here also.prsport

truck.jpg

truck1.jpg

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a nice looking truck. I had an 89 Chevy with a 305. One of my favorite vehicles. Nice truck, just underpowered.

I like those sealed beam headlamps. Going to take the composites out of my 97 and put the old school glass in. As long as I don't have to change the radiator core support.........

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking rig. Good luck with it. I like the color. I like the bright red ones the best. Then then Charcoal grays. Not to found of my Blue color on my truck. Just gets dirty so fast. Love the truck. But when you buy used. Color has to go to back of list

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Well this thing looked like it had been run ragged, the cab corners and rockers were gone, doors flopping in the wind! It was white with a blue stripe down the center, I have blue interior so I went with a nuetral color that I liked and could work with ! I Want to be seen when we get the white stuff again. This truck has a crate 350 5.7L with 70,000 on it and 30,000 on the trans so I figured it was a steal when I bought her !!! heck it aint even broke in yet I figure.....

Thanks for the positive comments also, I will have more pics when the remainder of new parts arrive and when I get the plow installed.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine was the maroon with the bright red sides. Red interior. Plus it was a Chevy, I think the grills are nicer than the GMCs. Sold it to a guy down the road, still running fine.

Mine chewed up idler arms till I put in a NAPA heavy duty.

6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

thanks guys, more pics to come...

7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

some new pics of it with a good camera !!!!

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice. Looks like you just need some center caps for those rims.

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking truck ! Makes a FORD guy want to go CHEVY,

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Ahh, there's hope for you yet.......

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I almost went CHEVY last summer. But the ****** across the street traded in his 93 clean as hell - black- C1500 for $1,500. I would of give him that for it. One phone call I would of found a plow setup for it.
    I worked on that truck so I knew it was never plowed or abused. It just had a little rust on the bumpers.