1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 F250 brakes ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lazarus, Jan 5, 2009.

1. lazarus

lazarus Junior Member

was wondering if there's a different way to bleed brakes. i had to replace a hard line and then had to replace another hard line. went to bleed and cant seem to loosen the bleeders on the back or front... what could i do ?
  2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

If the brake line is on the top or same level as the bleeder screw you can crack the line instead of the bleeder.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Take a small propane torch to the bleeder screw and get it nice and hot. Instantly shock it with cold water and it will crack loose. That's how they do it in repair shops all the time, just BE CAREFUL!
  4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Add HEAT!!!!
  5. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

Old truck like that.. I wouldnt even try it. New wheel cyl's and calipers
  6. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Heat and six point sockets and pray, possibly end up replacing part however.
  7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

for me I use my Makita Impact wrench with 6 point socket plus KROIL . No trouble but try wrench you end snap it
  8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

spray the bleeders for 3-4 days with pb blaster, and then add some heat and hope they don't break. i got 3 of the 4 loose on my 88.
  9. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

PB is great stuff!