1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 f250 brake lines

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WOODY367, Oct 23, 2005.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have a 88 f250 diesel 4x4. The brake kine are rusting bad. I want to buy a complete stainless steel brake line kit. I bought a kit for my 86 f250 5.8 from inlinetube.com but they don;t have it fot the 88. Anyone have a source to use? Thanks
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

try lmc truck they show a listing for them .
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Like he said LMC truck, go to thier site and request the catalog. They have all kinds of stuff listed for Fords.The lines are real pricey though.
  4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Go buy some break line and a real good bender and bend it yourself. I just redid all of the steel lines on an 96 f150 just yesterday, and it took just a little over 3 hours for the whole job. Snap on has an assume bender and its too bad in price.It was under 100 bucks for the bender. Good luck....Rob
  5. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

I dont think LMC or Nathional PArts Depot (great source for parts) has Stainless kits...why pay the extra cash? I would only get stainless if you are going to keep the vehicle over ten years. I am still have orginal lines on my 85 that are in great shape. I would just go to the local parts house and bend your own, you don't even need a bender if you are gentle and try not to many sharp angles, but the bender does a great job.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I bend all my own lines and it's not real hard if your careful. The big thing is if the bleeders will break loose. I have the two different benders that work real well. Take the old lines off and try to follow the contours. Don't kink or flatten any areas. You can replace all the hard line for under $100. If I have to replace the flexible lines to the wheels I buy stainless mesh ones.