1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 f150 speedcast

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hummertech, Dec 16, 2007.

1. hummertech

hummertech Junior Member

Got the plow end of last season but the a frame was bent. After 3 hours of cutting and welding it is finally on the truck. I think front air bags are in my future and the blade could use some paint. More pics to come. A 2g to 3g alt upgrade is in the future as well as battery upgrades. There is already a deep cycle battery mounted in the tool box, wiring not quite done, but dual batteries under the hood are next. As well as picture of a Hummer H1 with a 8 1/2 foot meyers plow that i can play with at work.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

Truck looks in good shape but that front end might need some attention soon from the looks of the picture. what motor do you have in there?
  3. hummertech

hummertech Junior Member

The truck is a 4.9L fuel injected with a 4 speed T-18. The only rust in the truck is in the corners of the drivers door. I rebuilt the front hubs last year but haven't gotten to the suspension yet. For this season I am just going to get air bags for the front springs. The charging system is in need of attention also, which is why i went with belt driven hydraulics not electric.
  4. hummertech

hummertech Junior Member

Few more pictures: took off the bent snofoil.

next is the valve mounted under the master cylinder

then the pump mounted were the a/c would be if the truck had a/c

finally the gm heavy duty relay that will control the battery in the tool box so that it is only live when the truck is running.