1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 f 350 oil pan leaking

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cclandscape 28, Mar 17, 2011.

1. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey guys i have 1988 ford f350 with a 351 engine the top half of the oil pan is leaking a bit i dont want to drop the whole thing and repair it. The truck is a lot truck just used for snow plowing. Is there any kind of tricks or additives to just to help seal this thing untill We get some time next december ! Any help would be great.

2. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

There are a few posts about F-350 leaking oil pans on here, do a search to find them. I patched my F-350 diesel one with JB weld a couple of years ago and I plow and it's holding just fine. Also look up user Damian. He uses a marine adhesive and I believe, fibreglass covering. He's on youtube as well, and it shows the process. He sells the kits to do it yourself. This is all in the posts that you will find when you search.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

is there a hole in the pan, or is it just a leaking gasket??

4. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Permatex makes a product called Spray N Seal-

[​IMG]

No idea how well it works.