1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88' chevy and old Boss V install?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by terrapro, Nov 26, 2012.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

1988 chevy 3500 srw getting an old Boss V installed.

We are trying to hook up the headlight wiring for this, the truck has the four headlamps and then the seperate turn/running. The wiring harness we have has 3 wires that were spliced into from the old truck still attached. The colors are light blue, dark blue, and brown. Is this right?

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I think the brown is running lights, and the two blues are high and Low beam, You can use a test light to make sure, or use the search button !!

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Light blue, dark blue, and brown- are the L turn, R turn and marker lights. In that order.

4. terrapro

from MI

Thanks! I going to have to check again but shouldn't there be a splice into the headlamps?

Electrical is my serious downfall, I can not grasp it the majority of the time.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Only if you want them to work. :D

Define "old" and maybe we can assist further once we have an idea of what we're actually working on.

6. terrapro

from MI

I don't remember if it is the RT1 or newer but it has the permenant behind the bumper mount and under hood motor/pump.

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like an RT1, they had a chain lift.

8. terrapro

from MI

Yeah chain lift. I have pictures of it on my profile.

I just took some pics of the wiring but having troubles with my mem card, hopefully I can get them up soon.

9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sent you a PM

10. terrapro

from MI

Allright everything is hooked up and working, turn signals and running lights except the headlamps.

There are two wires together that run into the cab that go to a switch, I can't remember how those get run?

11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

When I wired up my RTI I used the manual for a RTII, Got it off the Boss web site, Worked great.

12. terrapro

from MI

I ended up running a hot from the ignition in the fuse block to a three way switch then wiring the high and low to the switch. Works just fine for now.