1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4 5.7 Never Plowed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by russ130, Jan 6, 2009.

1. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I'm putting this up for sale for $1000 or bo. It is in ok condition considering it was a work truck but still not bad. It has one small issue which will be fixed before any sale. The motor which is a replacement GM Goodwrench motor doesn't run so good when cold. The body has the usual scratches and small dings associated with a work truck. No major body damage. It has AC, PW/PL, Tilt, Cruise, AM/FM/CD, Auto trans and Flowmaster exhaust. Everything works with the exception of the cruise turns off unexpectantly and the AC has a leak that is a easy fix just needs a new valve screwed in. This would make a great plow truck for residential with it having great manuverablity for its size. Sounds great and runs great once its warmed up but like I said that will be fixed before any sale. Front end is amazingly solid must have been redone before I got it this summer. I will accept partial trades but at least half must be cash.
  2. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

can you post pics plz?
  3. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Sorry I forgot about those.

Truck Front.jpg

Truck Passenger's side.jpg

Truck Drivers Side.jpg

Truck Rear.jpg

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Miles? does it come with a plow or is that just being stored there? interior shots and underbody would be nice also thanks... Jon
  5. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I'll get some more pics and no the plow does not go with it.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

and is a 6 lug or an 8 lug i cant see it from here. and how many miles are on it????
  7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I think it 6 lugs by look at front tire's hub.

Look good shape need little body work.

have transmission been rebuilt before?

Is that engine have TBI carb? run rough when it cold? High idle?

If it were me i would have buy if it near me.
  8. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Its the 6 lug version it has close to 200k mi on it. I don't know the story with the tranny as far being rebuilt or replaced but it does seem to function fine. It is the tbi model, the weather has been pretty bad and I also had to fix another vehicle so I haven't had time to diagnose it more thoroughly yet. Sorry still haven't had time to snap some more pics yet either.