1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 Chev V-30

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dlnimsy, Jan 16, 2007.

1. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

1998 chevrolet v-30 w/ 9ft fisher and 8ft wing. Truck has a 350 and 4spd trans.I sold this truck to a friend last fall and never used it (couldnt find a driver)now wants to sell it. I plowed with it for 2 seasons and it is a good piece of equipment. If you are interested you can email me for more info(dlnimsy@aol.com). I put alot of work into the truck and will give you all the info on all repairs. PRICE- $5000

chev.jpg

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Wish I had a use for it...

Looks like a good value....Maybe one of those Colorado guys can put it to use...
    Tell him I'll run it for him till its paid off....Then its mine ,all mine.lol I can stay in M'head if needed...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  3. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

Good drivers getting harder to find all the time.sounds like you had your share of problems in this area too. I sold my graders because i couldnt find any experienced operators, sure plenty of asses to fill the seat but tell that to the pit boss when your guy takes out 50ft of gaurdrail. I'll stick to one truck one driver, ME.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

is it a 4wd??? and is that a backblade i see in the pic??? i cant tell

5. THEGOLDPRO

also whats the condition of the truck, miliage, please fill me in on the details im really interested.

6. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

It looks like a sideblade.

7. Oshkosh

100% correct....

You are 100% correct ,for me all the money in the world wasn't worth chasing employees around.... Just a giant baby sitting job.lol I was watching a video of me plowing the other day. I jumped from my Autocar 10 wheeler to my Oshkosh mid video and I heard myself saying I couldnt get a hold of my drivers.....Great, just great whats that about 30 hours with the spreader sitting...x $109......After I pushed back then I would jump back into the spreader to clean up burn it off....The triaxle was in running in Beverly then...

Any more photos of the one tons with wings? If you do could you email me some Whiteindustries2002@yahoo.com

8. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Hey Oshkosh, did you used to run that Autocar out of Marblehead?

9. Oshkosh

Sure did.

If it was a Black Tri axle or a Yellow and black ten wheeler with wing yes it was me...
    Blue cab, Bartlett and Steadman,Red cab, Loveland which is now Barlett and Steadmans.....
    How do you know Marblehead Acars?

10. THEGOLDPRO

lol i know what a side blade is guy, im talking right behind the truck take a look at the pic again. there is something behind the truck, its either another plow just sitting back there, or maybe a backblade.

11. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I sent you a PM.

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I absolutely LOVE that truck!!!! man, wish i had $5k to buy it, that's gotta be the coolest 80's one tons ive ever seen.

someone that is close by selling something cool! and i can't get it!!! lol, is it 4wd or 2wd? and do you have any more pics?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  13. Oshkosh

4x4

4wd see the hub sticking out of the wheel...It is a cool truck....

14. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Hey Oshkosh, i believe i worked with you on the dig. I used to drive Hilee's LTL 9000. I remembered working with a fella named White out of Marblehead who ran a black Autocar down at fort point channel.

15. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Lovin' that truck, would make such a nice addition to my fleet if only there was money available!!!

Any chances of seeing more pix of the sidewing and attachments? Always wanted to do that with my truck...

16. Oshkosh

Its a small world.lol

Yep thats me ????LOL
    Are you still with Hilee? What are you doing now?

17. THEGOLDPRO

so whats the story with this truck, lol is the guy coming back???

18. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

I'm back..... don't always have time to check the computer.thanks for inquiering about the truck. It's 4x4 . Sorry no back blade thats just my MM plow dropped behind it. Im not sure how many miles on it, just a guess would be around 120000. i put about 3500 miles on it plowing when i owned it.here go's with alist of new parts and repairs done--- clutch, radiator(new) drive shafts, u-joints,shocks, front springs, exhaust,4new tires and rims,rear brakes(all new no miles since) timing chain, water pump, hoses,all lights to rear rwired,2 new cutting edges(one storm of use). Needs--- two springs on front plow and front brake work (right brake locks up when stopping). Im not aware of any other problems with it , i will find out tommorow when i talk to him. It treated me well and i it when i had it.Hey Oshkosh you sound like ya did alot of work in my area Im sure weve crossed paths a few times?I plowed out of peabody for about 18 years. First for Wood trucking then myself.

19. THEGOLDPRO

awesome man, got any more pics of it?? how's the rust situation, i know these trucks rust around the cab corners. thanks in advance man.

20. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

sorry its late .. coudnt remember everything. Yes some rot on cab corners nothing to alarming. Dump body was sand blasted and painted in 04. has a chelsea pto setup for body.