1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 C60 dump truck 9' western Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Lowes, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

We are selling our 88 C60 with Western 9' plow. We bought this from a city. It is to heavy for us.
    Rebuilt 427 14,000 miles ago.
    5+2 speed rear.
    Central hydraulics.
    Two way dump
    Front salt chute
    Plumbed for rear spreader
    New brakes
    New trailer brake control.
    Pintel hitch and 2" hitch
    Tires 75%
    Good:
    Starts easy, Runs like a champ, Tight clutch, Dumps easy and smooth. Safty inspected and ready to work.

Bad: Dump bed is rusty from salt. Ugly Yellow Top speed 55mph
    $5,500 Open to offers.

88 c60.jpg

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Interested in seeing more pictures. I'm mainly interested in the mentioned rust on the bed, the door sills, floor boards and engine.

Where in MO are you located?

Thanks.

3. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

I will sure get some more pictures this weekend. I can email them direct if needed.
    The truck is located in Cuba Mo. 1 hour sw of STL on I-44.

4. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

Few more pics:

88C60 bed.jpg

88c60 inside.jpg

88c60 inside2.jpg

88C60 rear.jpg

88C60 right side.JPG

5. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

Here are a few more.

88C60 tires.jpg

88c60Front.jpg

88C60Hydro.jpg

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

that is a very clean truck for an '88 especially one that used to plow. must of sat in garage as a backup. if it was closer i would consider even though it's gas. and stick

7. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

This was a city used truck. In Missouri we don't get that much snow. I could not say for sure if it was used for backup. I'm sure most of the time it was used to do simple projects for the city.
    It's just a good tough old work horse. It's just larger than what we need for landscaping. Looking to replace it with a C4500.

8. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

To the Top