1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 Blazer 4x4 ECM

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JayP, Apr 8, 2004.

1. JayP

JayP Junior Member
    from Hawaii

My friends Blazer died on him on a rough road. He checked the fuses and the ECM one was burnt. Problem is, every time he cranks the engine, the fuse burns again. Anyone experience this or know what causes it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Start by disconnecting any thing that you think is on the fused circuit (eg. fuel pump, computer etc.) and putting a new fuse back in to see if it still burns out the fuse.

If you disconnected everything and it still burns out the fuse, than maybe you have a wire shorted to ground.

If you disconnected everything and it does not burn out the fuse then start plugging them back in 1 at a time and turning the key to see which one blows the fuse.

Thats the best I can do for ya.

I had an 87 S10 Blazer with 230,000 on it, and the only problem I ever had was the alternator front bearing kept seizing on me every couple of years.
    I sure did love that little truck.
    Good luck

3. JayP

JayP Junior Member
    from Hawaii

Thanks Mebes,

What you suggested makes sense, unfortunately he took his Blazer to a mechanic. I warned him about the guy, he's a remove and replace kinda mechanic. He changes out parts till he ends up fixing the problem. My friend got a new ECM, Fuel pump and another part he couldn't remember the name of. He ended up with a $600 bill and a spare ECM. Oh well, two of us weekend warriors were willing to help and I told him to seek help on a forum but he didn't wait and now he truly paid the price.

4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Ouch....................

5. JayP

JayP Junior Member
    from Hawaii

That's what I said............