1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88-99 chevy uni mount help please!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by robber27, Oct 29, 2012.

1. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

here's the situation, i bought a 7'6 uni mount plow, mount came off a 06 3/4 ton hd, so in essence i'm looking for a 88-99 chevy truck side mount for my truck (3/4 ton vin code on 6 bolt rims) (heavy half) and i'm totally confused on what i should be looking for!!! i called my local western dealer they explained that the 3/4 ton and 1/2 mounts are completely different from each other, from what I have seen advertised on here is that it doesn't matter 3/4 1/2 1 ton the mount works on all? and for that matter what should all come with the mount as far as brackets for mounting? the more I research the more overwhelmed I feel:confused:. I just want to buy the right mount for my truck with everything I need to mount it from start to finish. I'm very mechanically inclined and getting the mount on I believe would not be hard but it just seems like there is more parts than just the mount, rails, blocks, brackets and such. any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading happy plowing rob
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you look on westerns website on the quick match section? That should tell you. If that dealer is telling you "no way" try calling another dealer. What year tk is this going on,,,
  3. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

My truck is a 89 Chevy. Ive been to westerns website but I didn't see the quick match section ill half to look again thanks
  4. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

The quick match didn't really help me out very much, does anybody know if the unimount truckside mount is the same for all trucks 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton trucks. I would thinks the frame would be the same for all but I'm not sure. With my truck being a light duty 3/4 ton I would assume that its a 1/2 ton frame?
  5. dieselss

well i will say this,,,i had a 2500, and i installed the mount on it, i then installed a mount on a 3500, and everthing was exactly the same. dont know if that helps
  6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes on the 88-98 body style chevy the mount was the same on the 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. The mount did go through a few variations, so if you find a used unimount one you might want to compare it with the 62330 parts breakdown to see if all the parts look right.
  7. bizzo15

bizzo15 Senior Member

The mount should be the same regardless of 1/2 ton 3/4ton. The mount did change throughout the years. There's a mount for '88-'94 trucks and a different mount for the '95 and up. I believe they redesigned it to deal with airbags in the newer models.
  8. dieselss

Our 91 is different than the newer ones, I just thought wester n was going cheaper lol
  9. csr44

csr44 Junior Member

88-98 Unimount Question

So I'm looking at a 7'6 Pro-Plow that came from a 94 3/4 ton and the mount is the pre 95 version can somone tell me if I can install this on my 96 1/2 ton?

10. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

This might help. Part sheet. Look at #5, and #6