1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88-98 Chevy push plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 7441aaron, Sep 15, 2011.

1. 7441aaron

7441aaron Junior Member

Has anyone ever fabbed the 2500 push plates to fit the 1500 trucks? Does it work? Or is it more of a pain in the a$$ than its worth

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You talking Minute Mount or conventional?

3. 7441aaron

7441aaron Junior Member

Its the MM1

4. vtjeeper

vtjeeper Junior Member
    from vermont

here's a post from me last year with some pics of the mounts I made. could have made them a little cleaner. I never even painted them. they still look about the same right now http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=119249

I have a 2008 sierra 1500 but got a good deal on a complete mm1 setup off a ford. I cut the important part off the push plates and made my own from steel I had sitting in my basement based off the fisher drawings for my truck. they work good. I also adapted the wiring, kindof, it's sortof standalone. my truck headlights do not shut off, I just added the plow to the truck without cutting into the truck wiring at all. I didn't bother with low beams or turn signals, I don't plan on taking it on the road, it will stay home. I put an extra switch and relay for the plow lights.