1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88-98 chevy boss mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Oct 6, 2011.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i recently setup my 89 2500 chevy.for some reason the push beam brace that goes to the engine cross member didnt line up with the holes all that well. has anyone had this issue or is it just me? should i just egg out the holes on the brace for the brackets so they line up? im a little confused and never had this problem.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Put everything on loose then once you have all the bolts in all the hole tighten them up a little bit at a time until they are all tight.

3. the new boss 92

alright i have to take the push bar off anyways cause i need to lower it after i make some longer side plates.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I know when I put one on my old 95 it was almost like that push beam brace could of been made on a angle so to speak, not 90 degrees. Make sense?

5. the new boss 92

yea thats what it seems like here and its not 100% long enough, but i think if i loosen the bolts i can get it to pull close enoght to pop the bolts in.