1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88-95 plow lite wiring

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by MRPUGGLY, Jan 31, 2009.

MRPUGGLY Junior Member

Does anyone now how to wire conventioal lights to an 88-95 toy pickup? I have the fisher wireing harness but it reqires a A6137 fisher light kit. I can't find one and fisher said that there discontinued.
  2. nbuzz

nbuzz Junior Member

are you trying to splice the plow lights into the headlight harness?

If you arent set on going that way, you could just wire the plowlights completely on their own... like you would wire off-road lights and such. this way keeps your stock truck harness intact as well.. just an idea.

MRPUGGLY Junior Member

I figured it out. I put the power wire from the harness to the ground from the bulbs. I took the 2 ground wires from the harness and attatched the high and low beam wires from the bulb accodingly. It is a ground switched lighting system. The plow lamps now tie into the harness for the factory headlamp switch. On, off, high and low are all off the factory switch.