1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

88 2500 hesitates under a load

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowinzr2, Dec 10, 2008.

1. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

hey guys i just got my 88 2500 on the road. it takes off ok and cruises nice but when im driving and i start goin up hill it feels like im towing a mack truck. if i push the gas more it kinda hesitates then takes off like a rocket ship. any ideas what it might be? Im gonna try unplugging the egr valve and then this weekend ill change out the fuel filter.:confused:

2. henriqueslandsc

henriqueslandsc Junior Member

sounds like a fuel filter maybe????

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe fuel filter. Also a full tuneup may help. New plugs, wires, cap, rotor.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ive seen tha name around.

dont sound like a filter to me though.

5. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

thanks for the replies. so far ive tried a tps and fuel filter. i noticed my oil pressure gauge jumps all around would that affect it?

6. fakemam

fakemam Junior Member

K.I.S.S. i would start with the plugs, wires , cap and rotor before i would do anything else. sound like the wires are arcing. and don't go with the cheap wires they only last a year and you have the same problem if you have replaced all this stuff look at the coil on my 88 the coil would get wet and the truck would start to run like sh**.

7. stretch1

stretch1 Junior Member

do a full tune up on it, i got a 97 chevy and it was doin the same thing and thats what fixed it