1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

87 Suburban complete plow truck F/S

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SCSIndust, Mar 23, 2005.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I am selling an awesome 1987 Suburban, with a 8' Meyer plow, & a custom mounted meyer spreader on the back. I used it this year, and it was unstoppable. It has almost new 285/75-16 BFG all-terrains, on custom rims, with a 4" lift. The plow is in rough shape, meaning it has some nice size rusted areas on the board. The pump is slow, but I was going to rebuild it before I sold it. It is an E-47 motor. The spreader is made so you can open up one of the back doors, load up the salt, close the door, and swing the salter back into place. As far as the truck, it has a rebuilt trans 10K ago, rebuilt axles w/ new gears. The motor is stock with 190K on it. It runs strong for its age and miles. There is some rust, but it is on the rockers, so it is kinda hidden.

I am selling it because I don't want to have to pay ins for this truck to set all summer, between winters. I am looking to get some kind of 4x4, 1-ton dump to use over the summer, and plow over the winter. I drove the Suburban as a daily driver for the past 3 years, but I recently bought a newer truck. I was thinking / hoping to get around 3500 for the truck, but give me some feedback and let me know if you are interested, or if you think I am asking too much.

Email me for pics, as it is a tight looking truck! jnseymore@comcast.net

*my signature says 8.5' plow, but I am selling the 8' with it*
  2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I'm bumping

I figure I'd bump it to see if anyone has any interest. Here is a pic: