1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

87 silverado shortbox

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by x.system, May 23, 2010.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Thinking about selling my 87 silverado. Truck has 355 400 trans 208 t case 4.10 gears. 6" suspension lift, duel shocks up front. Centerline wheels with 35" tsl thornbirds. Flowmaster exhaust with stock manifolds so its not real loud but sounds good. Steel cowl hood, duel tanks, visor, tonnue cover, power windows, locks, but no stereo. Also have a set of factory rally wheels with 35's that can go with it. It does have some rust and will need a partial rocker on the drives side. I'd like to get $4000 for it so I'm tossing it out there before I tear into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What are duel shocks? Do they work against each other?

3. x.system

x.system Senior Member

4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Only if you have Trailor breaks.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Appears it has duel tanks also. Maybe a manufacturer I am not familiar with?

If so do you have a link?

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I saw a truck once that had four rear tires... I think they called it a "duelly"

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a few pieces of chane link

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  8. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

Damn, tough croud here... ;)

Nice truck. I love the square bodies.

9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

The lack of a DVD player prohibits my interest.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I could see that being a problem for someone in a supervisory type role. But there's a simple fix. Cut a small TV into the dash where passenger side airbag would go on today's generation of trucks. Plenty of room under the hood to run a small suitcase generator.

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats my favorite style Chevy. Nice truck, hopefully you find a buyer.

12. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Fix it up, don't sell it because you will regret it. That era of GM trucks were low maintenance if you take care of them.

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is that an Oxymoron?