1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

87 F350 Dump what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butler L&S, Apr 13, 2002.

1. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I'm looking at a 1987 F350 2wd with a 8 foot dump. The truck has 48000 original miles (it was owned by an airport for 12 years) The second owner put a new Monroe spreader on it 2 years ago and a 1996 Western 8' Pro plow. It also comes with a 16hp Lesco tailgait leaf loader (2yrs old). The person who is selling it is giving up the lawncare business and guarantees that everything works like new. I also forgot to mention that it is an outomatic. Does anyone have an idea what a setup like this is worth?

Butler

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I just saw similar DRW dump here for $4800. Truck is in good shape. Around here used plow is often thrown in. I'm assuming the spreader is a 2yd. Maybe another $1,000 if the spreader isn't rusted and blower are in good condition.

3. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

The sander is attached to the box and runs off the trucks hydrolics. It is not a V-box. The plow came off another truck and has rust on the moldboard (typical of western).

4. Mick

from Maine

Consider the plow worthless since it's rusted. Also, being a 2wd, that truck isn't suited to plowing anything other than 3" of light, fluffy snow on a straight, flat surface. There have been several discussions on here about plowing with 2wd trucks if you want to look them up.

Really can't advise on the worth of a two year old hydraulic sander. Generally, I'm seeing people advise half the price of new of new if its in good shape.

Leaf loader - again probably half of new.

Seller "guarantees" - get it in writing. What repairs are covered and for how long?

5. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I've got and 88. Here I go on 2wd. Mine is a 2wd dually and I guaran-dam-tee it will push a hell of a lot more than 3" of snow. I plow like crazy with this thing, just have aggressive tires and a good amount of weight in the back, min. of a ton. Watch it on hills though, thats my biggest challenge. Works excellent on parking lots, factories, even railroad easements. With plow, spreader, low miles and truck in nice shape, $5500- to $6500. JMO
    Scott

6. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

7. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i was on kellys blue book and they say it is worth 4855 with the dump and snow plow

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

what do you look up on the kbb for commercial trucks with plows and dump bodies.can't seam to find it all i see is the regular pick up and other light duty trucks?

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I still can't find anything in the kbb besides regular p/u's no big trucks.

10. Mick

from Maine

Last edited: Apr 16, 2002
  11. Mick

from Maine