1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

87 Chevy Push Plates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JPLTrucking, Mar 3, 2005.

1. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

I recently purchased a used fisher plow setup for my 87 Chevy 1/2 ton. Went to have it put on and found that the push plates would not fit because it came off a 3/4 ton. Everyone was telling me that it would bolt right on. Now I'm stuck. A new set of push plates is $1200. I'm having a hard time locating a used set. Can anyone help???????

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

$1200. for a set of plates??? I think retail is right around $400.00 new with no more than 2 hours labor to install. I think i would be looking for another dealer. Or try pming Arc Burn to see if he has a set, hes down in new york.

3. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

87 push plates.

I took a set off of a 1977 1/2 ton, put 'em on a '78 3/4 ton, then onto a '87 3/4 ton. The only problem I encountered was when I went from the 78 to 87..had to torch off the ?passenger?? side rearward part of the push plate cause the spring bumper was changed (as in location) PM me and we'll talk. I still have the push plates if you need them....I'm in NH just up the road from Concord.

4. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

Thanks for the help. The place I called quoted me $640 per side because they don't make many of them anymore, at least that was what i was told. I thought it sounded expensive.

Snowbankr - I tried PMing you but it wouldn't go through. Working on fixing that problem. I am interested in talking though.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005