1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

87-91 fisher plow mount will it fit on a 92-97 frame?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hankhill, Nov 2, 2010.

1. hankhill

hankhill Member

Will a fisher plow mount off a 87-91 style ford frame fit on a 93' frame? the 92-97 frames are boxed while the 87-91 frams are like c channels,

has anyone modified one to work

if not where can I buy one for my truck?

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I don't believe they line up you can modify any mount if you can weld...
    You should see the mount on my 91 f150 it's a mix of meyers, western and angle iron....lol

3. hankhill

hankhill Member

I'm good at welding but only have an 140amp mig currently a plow frame is something I would like to stick weld. Thanks for the info.

anyone else have input?

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the years go 80-91 f250/f350, and then 92-97 f250/f350.

i was going to modify one from a 86 to fit my 96, but then found the correct frame. i was dealing with western and it was not easy to come across.

i do see a lot of 92-97 fords with the fisher mounts, so i'd imagine they'd be easier to find.

5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I'd never want another modified mount again, getting the proper mount is convience,,,

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The only difference is in where the mount bolts to the ends of the frame behind the bumper. Fords changed the bumper mounting in 92. The main modification will be to cut off the bumper mount from the plow frame and drill a piece for the bumper holes and weld it to the plowframe.