1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'87 1/2 mounts to 89 3/4 ton?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 87chevy, Feb 5, 2011.

1. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Will it work? Or are the frames different? We're looking at an 89 3/4 ton for a "new" truck. I would think they''d be diferent because of the weight class... But pa doesnt think so. Any help is appreciated

2. 4x4orbust

4x4orbust Junior Member
    from MA

the trucks changed a lot, including the frames, in '88. i don't think they will fit, but may be wrong.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

73-87 truck solid axle front.

73-91 blazer/suburban/crewcab solid axle front.

88-up starts ifs front ends for the trucks. = totaly diffrent frames under the trucks.

so if its solid axle it will swap. if its ifs then wont cross swap.

4. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

The only reason itd change is cuz its going to a 3/4 ton. I found an 88 half ton and my friend from work said its the same frame.

Im really only worried about the width. As long as its the same width we can make it work

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet is correct. If they are both solid front axle trucks, they will work, If not, they are not even close to the same thing.

What kind of plow?

6. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Hiniker 7 foot.

I guess we'll have to get new mounts. Thinking now we would anyway because the ones on now are drop brackets. Anything to keep him from putting it on his 04 :x

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

and 7ft is way to small for anyfull size rig if you ask anyone here.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

too small...

9. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Might be 7 1/2. we have prowings for it. works good for what we do