1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

86'custom delux 20

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dany, Aug 21, 2001.

1. dany

dany Member

ive got a 86'custom dulux 3/4 ton would a 4in lift and 35's on a 10/8inch rim do good of road any other mods. what do you think about the headers you weld your self ive got all the resources to do so. sould i just spend the extra money and just buy them ready to go?:confused:

2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Yeah, a friend of mine had an 87 1/2 ton with 4" life, 35" BFG Mud Terrain Tires, and a 300 horsepower 350 crate motor. That truck was FUN! You could get it stuck, but would have to try at it. The 4" lift with those tires was a good combo, got a little bit of rubbing, but only when the suspension compressed at full turn. Fender trimming took care of that too. As for the headers, I've only used the prefabbed ones, but if you have good experience welding, I don't see why to not go with those. Just keep in mind that if you don't get a good seal at all 16 joints, it's gunna leak and tap and be annoying as hell. Good luck.

MT

3. dany

dany Member

where did the tires rub would a 2" body lift with the 4in blocks take care of it?

4. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

A 2" body lift would totally fix the problem. The tires rubbed right on the very back/bottom of the fender wells. Keep in mind that you can use 4" blocks in the back, but must use new springs in the front to lift it, as front blocks are not safe. New shocks and some sort of steering correction are also things you'll need. If you don't want to go with the body lift, you could just trim the fenders, or get some bushwacker cuttout fender flares. Have fun!

MT