1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611PP Question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Evan1968, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Evan1968

Evan1968 Junior Member

I just had new cutting edges put on and was wondering if there is a adjustment to the ram to make the plow raise up higher. I went to Blizzards site but found nothing relating to this,or i just missed it.
    The plow is a 8611PP and is about 2 years old. When the wings are extended and the plow is fully raised and is angled left or right, the edges are dragging. Thanks.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Check your draw latch plates.

3. Evan1968

Evan1968 Junior Member

Thanks John but your going to have to work with me here ! Check my draw latch plates for what? I plow for a large contractor and its his truck.His shop is getting ready for a good dumping and they are swamped. I figured if it was something that was easily adjusted,i wouldnt bring it in.
    So...back to the draw latch plates....what am i looking for?

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

They bend/wear with use and cause the plow to not lift as high.

See how the holes are elongated in this picture? Also check the pins for wear.
    [​IMG]

5. Evan1968

Evan1968 Junior Member

Thanks...i will check them out.

6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check truck side mount also

7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Thats an 11 foot plow. Mine on my F450 4x4 drags also because the mounts on the truck are low.

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It happens to all Blizzards I find. Poor design it that sense. Every year they seem a bit lower. The cost of fixing it makes you deal with it though!

9. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That and Cutting the under carriage a little big also helps. Jerre cut mine with a plasma cutter when I had him install it. Makes a big difference when stacking. My plow will come up just about level with the lights on the tower.