1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611pp not lowering

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by PALS Landscapin, Dec 1, 2015.

1. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

I need some help here guys. The situation is when I have the power hitch on to hook the plow to the truck the plow will go up and down. When I switch it over to the plow controller everything works but the plow wont go down. I took the solenoid off of the s5 and s8 and had a magnetic pull with just the hitch. When I tried it with the controller I had nothing.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So your not getting power from the controller to the plow. Need to start checking for power at the controller, grill plugs, and at the connector under the plow cover

3. PALS Landscapin

I have to have power to controller because all other functions on the plow are working. Plow goes left and right and the wings go in and out. Plow also lifts up just dont go down.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I had the same problem last year on my 8611. The down pin was broken on the plow side. We jumped a wire from under a cover to the truck side wiring.

5. dieselss

I know, I read that part. That's why I said you need to see where your losing power.

6. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

So if you say the power hitch raises and lowers it , then you know it should go up and down, like diesels says, look where you are loosing power, check on the bumper plug to see if power command makes it there, if not check leaving the controller,
    I had one of our guys last plow jumping out to lower the blade on the power hitch every time he had lowered the blade , and it was as simple as pulling the bumper plug apart and re inserting it,

7. PALS Landscapin

I did all that I also changed controllers and also hooked the plow up to another one of my trucks that has the same set up.

8. dieselss

So, another controller....still no lower
    Another plow......still no lower
    All with the same truck.....and you are 100% positive you traced ALL the truckside wiring?
    Sure sounds to me like you missed something.

9. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

then look again at your solenoid common grounds, where all the wires from the solenoids go into one to be sure you don't have that one rotting off in the bundle, pull the power side plug apart for the other side of the solenoids and be sure there isn't a blade pushed out of the plug that could be causing a bad circuit if that all looks good then run a jumper right off the 12v post on the motor directly to the lower /float blades on the power side of the solenoid plug,
    any command from the joy stick will energize the motor and should open the solenoid as well , if that works then figure that one out, look under your motor cover for the wiring diagram that will show you which solenoid to jumper, jumper the two blades in there to power down the power hitch
    have you been playing with your blade drop speed , seen where that has been tightened up so much as to not let the blade drop, take the solenoid off the cartridges and check for corrosion between solenoid and cartridge, scotch brite and reset torque on solenoid, even swap a similar solenoid from another cartridge and retest, you should be able to find something somewhere, pull out the cartridge and see if it works , maybe something jammed in it , something has to show up

10. PALS Landscapin

Sorry you miss understood me I hooked up another truck to that plow and still didnt lower.I will check this stuff out. TY for the replies.

11. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

and that's why I was trying to give you other options dealing with just the blade, jumper the solenoids needed for float and lower and see if they are working with known power pull the plug apart right before the solenoids and introduce power with some alligator clips directly off the 12v post on the pump motor

12. PALS Landscapin

Guys just want to say thank you for all the help with this issue. I was able to figure out the problem. The metal connector in the plug was broken on the plow side but I got it up and running.

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Old guy wins again...