1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611lp "skips" while lowering

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by WilliamOak, Jan 28, 2015.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Quick ? For any of the gurus on here- my low pro drops to a certain point then sort of stops (not really a noticeable stop but it's acting like its getting hung up on something somehow) and then keeps going. It shakes the truck real hard and drives me insane. My 810 never did this neither do most of our other lp's. I've dicked with the drop speed and it doesn't seem to do anything (also if I roll the "screw" almost all the way in-"clockwise" it doesn't effect the drop speed at all). I like a hard drop but this hiccup is beyond annoying. everything else operates smoothly so I don't think there's anything floating around in there.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you looked at the hitch system yet?
    Sometimes the 2 pins at the lift cylinder bend and break. Also Ck the back pin for the cylinder, hard to tell I'd it's there or not and in tact.
    After all that, does it make any noise going up?.

3. WilliamOak

Nope everything else operates just fine and smooth which is the weird part. I've been thinking hydraulic but I'll give the pins a once over. Also forgot to mention but it's a ph1 lp

4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Im not thinking its possible , but it acting weird at mid down point sounds just when we have bent the ram on the wing cylinders , the bend wouldn't be noticeable going up , but it would be on the free fall, its a pretty husky short shaft to tweak but its something to look at when all else fails

5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Are you sure that you are adjusting the drop speed( Knurled wheel) and not the pressure adjustment( Allen screw)? If you screw the drop adjust all the way in the plow should not move at all.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  6. WilliamOak

Yeah it's def the drop speed. Pretty familiar with these blades but diagnostics is a whole different story lol. We've got an extra manifold on the Shelf gonna swap the valve out with one from that. When I screw in/out the "drop speed screw" the drop speed doesn't change at all. Pull it out look it over see if that helps

7. msm63

msm63 Junior Member

I had a similar issue and it was a wire breaking in the plow side harness