1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611lp on 3500

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by sven1277, Aug 11, 2008.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Does anyone run an 8611lp on a 3500 srw? I use one on our mason dump and love it. I can definately see a difference between it and the 810ss that we also use.
  2. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I am putting one on mine and there are several other guys that I know that run them and have had good success.
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I thought the 8611 lp might be a little much on the front end but I'm glad I'm wrong. Don't they weigh around 1100lbs.
  4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

one of my buddies runs all 8611lp on all F350 reg cab, long bed, single wheel. the 8611lp weighs 70 more pounds than the 810 if i remember right. You will be fine. Ken
  5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Mark O has one on his crew cab 350 srw.
    I wish I would have purchased the Lopro instead of the 810 when I purchased my erie special from Jerre 3 years ago. He offered the upgrade to me but I was worried about the weight of the 810. In hind site I wish I would have upgraded.
    The cool thing with the Lopro is you dont need to get out of the truck to actually achieve
    11'- from 8'6", Wings are for Birds :jester:
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Up past your bedtime, weren't you T?

Actually, I have 3 on SRW 350's. All 3 cab configurations as well. Looking at my wings sometimes makes me wish I had 810's. ;)
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What you couldn't decide what one to buy, so you bought all three, must be nice.:drinkup:
  8. Mark Oomkes

Wellllll, I don't have tractors to play with, so I have to use pick 'em ups. ;) ;) :D
  9. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

what's an erie special?? I'm looking at getting an 8611 for my F550. I'm a little nervous about trying a new brand. I need a big plow that is dependable.

10. EIB

EIB Senior Member

A Erie Special is a modified plow by Jerre from Jerre's Sevice in Erie PA. I have number eleven 8611lp Erie Special. He does things to make is better and easyer to service.
  11. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

if getting a blizzard go Erie special from Jerre you'll be happy you did.
  12. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Im looking at Jerres page, and I see the Erie special is $6100, does it add that much to the regular 810 to spend another $6k on an already productive plow?
  13. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I think that's an old price, but that includes the plow..... It's adds on between $600-$1200 depending in what you have him do.
  14. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I have a 2007 Chevy 3500 DRW and I would have purchased the 8611lp if it wasn't for the fact that the road plow is less than 10' across in lots of places. I would have liked the extra width in some spots but I would have been hitting a tree or building somewhere along the way.
  15. Mark Oomkes

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  16. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Ive had a 8611lp on my 05 2500hd D/A reg cab truck for 2 seasons. I also had a 810 on a 2001 2500hd D/A ext cab for 2 seasons. I have had no problems with the front. I usally have a pallet of salt in the back. I do alot of large lots and usally wish it was wider. I just installed two 810's on a couple of my subs trucks. I also have a fisher on a truck. It used for drives and a back up truck. But then again, my buddie is die hard fisher with mult. trucks (2500hd's with duramax's) that have 9' x-blades and stainless vee's.
    I use blizzards because I bid per push because I believe in volume. If you can be effieciant at what you do, then have alot of accounts and move quick. So the blizzard just gets it down as fast as possible.
    But I would have no problem getting more fishers if I had more drives then lots.
  17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You should have done a little more research or asked a few questions before ruling out the 8611LP. It would have worked well for you.