1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611lp issue

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JLC, Feb 5, 2011.

1. JLC

JLC Member

My passenger wing wants to stay extended regardless off whether the extend or retract is hit. Im thinking a stuck valve might cause that? Keeping the wing energized to scoop whenever the pump runs? Can it be cleaned or do they just go bad?

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Alright assuming it is not snowpacked and iced up, or otherwise mechanically blocked, other possibilities include: main plug, 10pin plug going at the plow end of the plowside harness, lack of continuity in ground or + wire to the retract coil, or switch in the controller.

3. JLC

JLC Member

It thawed out good, so nothing should be blocking it. It will make a motion like it wants to retract, but then just shoot back to bucket position. I'll check the plug again, but seemed everything is good. I'll check to make sure I dont have any wires pinched going to the coil...

4. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Don't forget about a broken cylinder in the slide box. I just had the same problem. That was my culprit. $1200 later. The only repair needed in 5 yrs of heavy plowing.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

A cylinder is not $1200!

6. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Does the wing still slide in and out, but stays in the scoop position?