1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611LP for 2008 F-350 ext cab/Diesel

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Pristine PM ltd, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Hi guy, I will be getting two of the new Diesels for November and the dealer told my that he had heard that the 8611lp was to heavy for this truck? Any info about that? I tried looking at Fords website and didn't see any numbers that looked like it couldn't hold it. Our 2007 holds it without issue.

I was thinking he might have not known about the lp and thought it was just the 8611.

Thanks!

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The LoPro is 100#s heavier then an 810. I wouldnt worry about it. You can do a match for your truck if you click on the Blizzard Link at the top of th epage.

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

too heavy IMO. 8611 is intended for a medium duty. Maybe a F450 would lug it around, that's almost a medium duty. I suspect it would flatten your F350 right out.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

He was asking about he 8611LoPro, not the full size.

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

oops, once I gain I read faster than my brain could follow. I guess if the 07 does it, the 08 probably can too. Wouldnt want to buy one of those trucks when its four years old though.

6. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

8611 Lp

I have been running one on a 1997 F350 Dulie with a utility body and a 1.9 yard sander with a 12 " extension on top to give me 3 yards all together i'ts heavy whan loaded but I never use my 4WD and outside of trany's i havent had any problems.......remember my trany is a E4OD the worst trany Ford made Your 350 is rated at 12500 mine is 10000 so go ahead and put one on just dont drive it like a 8 foot plow remember it goes out to 11'3" it will cut ypur time almost in half so slow down and enjoy the coffie.......:gunsfiring: :eek:

7. Pristine PM ltd

I am very happy with the Powerplow, that's why I have two of them. Good to hear that they didn't do anything stupid to the front end of the 08 that would mess with how much it could hold.

8. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Man, you are growing like crazy. That is great. Best of luck.

I am running the 8611LP on the F-450 and plan on putting one on the F-550. If you are pushing heavy wet snow you will feel the difference between the 810 and a 8611LP on a F-350. I say this having plowed with both the 810 and the 8611LP on my F-350. As you have already most likely noticed in the 350 with the 810 and the dump insert empty on a long run in bucket you can feel the truck getting sideways behind the load. At least the 450 with the DRW's and the additional weight epmty I never really noticed it at all.

With that being said I also know a couple of guys pushing a fuall size 8611 with a 350. So yes it can be done. Form my experience to date I still think the 810 is the best fit for the 350 in any they of snow conditions.

Hope it helps, Ron G.

9. 4evergreenlawns

10. Pristine PM ltd

Thanks Ron, growing fast, living on bread... ha It is either grow now, or lose money. We are at the stage that we actually made more money being smaller, and to make a decent living, we have to grow if that makes sense.

I can't imagine putting a full size 8611 on an F-350. The Lo pro felt big enough to me last year. I was hoping to get 07s still, but I guess they did a sort run of them because of the line change. I am really hoping that the 08 works out as well as it should. We can't have any downtime. I do have some friends that I can call on though in the worst case.

I have been really happy with the insert btw. We have put 2.5 into it, and it doesn't like lifting that much, but spreads it well.

11. 4evergreenlawns

Are you running a sand/salt mix?? Loading alittle heavy to the rear helps on the first couple of shifts. After that I seem to do fine the rest of the load.

I do know what fast short term growth will do to you. Yes, in the early stages when you are putting out lost of capitol for the growth to keep up with demand it seems like it is not worht it. With time it comes back around.

12. Pristine PM ltd

We are hoping that this winter will be when things really come together. Fingers crossed.
    We run nothing but Clearlane. They dump it in the side, so it isn't the best weight distribution, but we get by. 2 - 2.5 is doable without having to move it around by hand.

13. 3311

3311 Senior Member

All of a sudden my ears were ringing !!!

Pristine : The F350 will definetly handle the 8611 LP you just need a little ballast.

14. Pristine PM ltd

Early November install, going to be fun dealing with fall cleanups and running back and forth with trucks.

15. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Good choice, You won't regret it !payup

16. Pristine PM ltd

We have both of the 08's installed with 8611 LPs and the hold them better then the 07 with the 8611 LP does. The new F-350's are so quiet and with the Sat Radio installed, I am looking forward to the night plowing. No more crazy "coast to coast" late night radio.

Jon