1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611LP and new Airflow in action (plus a few more pics)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by got-h2o, Dec 13, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm one of the lucky/not so lucky residents of NWI that's been blasted with this massive storm over the last couple days. Here are a couple shots of my Ford pushing the 8611. Also got a new Airflow stainless V box and added the Airflow sides to get about a 3 yard total. In the pic loaded she weighed out at 15,240. Not much bagged salt on board or she'd have been over 16k.

2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice rig, it handles the weight pretty darn good
  3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

sweet pictures....thats pushing alot of snow in scoop
  4. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

It handles it cuz it's a ford. Nice truck sir. Stay away from the scales, but as long as you can stop ok which I'm sure you can then keep being efficient. I like the extra capacity for the airflo.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

That looks great for all that weight.

6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

looks great. how come my f-350 doesnt look that good with a full spreader? u got bags on that truck?
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks guys. Ya this truck is stout and quite the workhorse. It's got a pretty heafty spring pack in back. That's probably close to 4k in the bed and no air bags ;) And yes, it stops surprisingly well. I'll get a pic of the springs when it gets back here. My buddie and I have twin trucks, Blizzards, spreaders and all. They came out of TX and had to have been ordered with a heavier duty package of some sort. They are both tanks. The dealer had 4 at the time, I kick myself daily for not buying them all.

I'm GM at heart, and say what you want about the 6.0's, but this truck is a monster. Oh ya, did I mention there's 225k on the clock?! :)
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pic's! That thing is pushing a ton of snow.
  9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Seems like it has proven itself worthy over that many miles.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice truck...it handles that weight well
  11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Looks good Mike. I knew you'd like the blizzard plows. What'd you find out about the pump/motor? PM me if you want.
  12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great pictures. Airflow seams to make a pretty good product. I know a guy with a 6 yard? Airflow and he likes it.
  13. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Sweet pictures. Im looking for a truck just like that right now.

How was it doing the front end conversion? Really makes it look a lot better.
  14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

You guys should see how the truck sits empty lol. It has like a 45* rake to it lmao.
  15. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

what kind of tires are you running? They don't seem to be bulging at all.
  16. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is your passenger side wing gone?
  17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great and it sure is moving some snow
  18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Conversion was easy as can be. Grille fit perfectly but had to trim about 5/8 off the bottom. Lights fit but core support had to be cut out around the back of the housings. They came with harness adapters so it was plug and play. Whole thing took less than a couple hours.

Hahaha kindof

These are actually some cheapo tires, desperado or something. They hold 85lbs, and that's what's in them

Haha no its there, the wings are in in the pic

Thanks to everybody else for the compliments. I just shut the truck off around 5:30pm tonight. It ran since early morning yesterday and had a half hour break around midnight. Worked loaded pretty much the whole time, pissing a little salt here and there till towards the end.
  19. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

very nice set up. how do you like the spreader?
  20. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looking at your title I got excited thinking you bought an Airflow Vplow or something LOL.