1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

86110LP What Do You Think Of It?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Kelsey, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

I would like to get some feedback on the 86110LP I am considering adding one an just wanted to know how people liked them or not ?

Also does anyone have an 810 or know were one is for sale? Thanks!

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I might be selling one of my 810's once I pick up a speedwing.

Also, I have a lp on an F550 and LOVE IT. Lots of blade for almost the same weight as an 810.

3. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

The 8611 lp is a different beast then the 86110 lp. I don't know anything about the new design except that is won't fit on my other trucks. I will be looking for a used low pro next year when and if we get another truck because it is so useful being able to switch blades.

As far as feedback, I love them, the older style. They do have their issues and we have had many repairs. They are just so productive that their issues are easily overcome, and we have a backup, so that helps. If it were my only blade I would buy an 810 as a back up. The motors seem to go on them sooner then other types of plows, it is also quite easy to bend a wing. Parts are stupidly expensive, and the lights are about as good as a windup flashlight. They also break way to easily. (lights)

5. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Do a few upgrades and you should eliminate most of your problems. Lights to Nighthawks, build ups on the wings, and put an 8611 motor in them, but yes I do agree the productivity out weighs the repairs for sure. If you come across anyone who has more than one let me know! Im looking for another one as well.

6. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Most efficient plow I have ever owned. Cut my time down by hours. I ran a 9.5 EZV for 4 years prior and the LP out plows it totally! I don't see myself switching to another plow anytime soon.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I would never put an LP on anything bigger than a 350.

Big truck, big plow.

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

what are you looking for might have it new or used???

9. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

What are you doing to build up the wings? I also like the idea of replacing the motor with one from an 8611.

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

As much as I would like to, the cost of those types of upgrades is way more then I can afford... One day, but not for a few years.

11. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

what do you mean? all of my plows are already rocking n rolling.

12. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

We take old edges, cut them and weld them to the wings. Then my dealer uses some expensive carbide weld (or something, I dont ask) on the bottom and runs a few beads. Has not worn out a bit. I will take some pictures.

13. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

yes but you will not run thru cutting edges that much and at $600 a pop its no good. The motors are only $300 as well and if you replacing motors already you might as well they are the same price between the 810, lp and 8611. Nighthawks yes they are expensive at $450.00 total

14. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

2008 F550 here. no problems at all I dont want the weight of a full 8611 on my new truck front end.

15. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I wont waste another dime on the nighthawks. They are built worse then the original 810 lights. Meyer night saber 2's will be my next light. I dont think my nighthawks made it more then 3-4 storms before they started falling apart.

16. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

I have had them on for just about 2 winters now. The covers in the back are a pain but other than that we love them. And on top of it I beat the hell out of my plows, so they are doing fine.

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I think I'll pass on that 810.... :rolleyes:

18. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Todd, you wont be sorry. I'm on year #3 with my NS2's, they've been awesome! Best plow lights I've ever owned!

19. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

The 810 and 8611 use the exact same motor. Pump is bigger on the 8611 and the 8611LP.

20. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

Thanks for the info! I have decided to just add more of the old style 810pp for the sake of stocking parts and to save the cost of buying new.