1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 won't work

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 22, 2008.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Was out plowing today when I went to raise the plow nothing happened wings won't work, angle won't work. unplugged connections checked and put back together still nothing. Everytime you hit a level a click noise is made from under the hood of the truck. What is wrong?

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

If it's not the plug I would check the motor? I had my S.W. act up last season, same symptoms. It was my motor. If I hit a bump or tapped it with a wrench it would start working again. Just something to look at. See if it is getting power. The morning mine failed I took my jumper cables from my battery straight to the motor to check my suspicions.

Good Luck , shaun

3. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

let me know what happened. Other guy I was plowing with this weekend had the same problem. Dropped it off at the dealer for him today. They think it was the filter screen for the hydros, seems to have been a problem lately they said

4. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

how about a corroded ground wire or solonoid connection?

5. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

talked to by buddy, check every single connection. the dealer claims there is a plug that is hidden that wiggles itself just loose enough to loose contact, but not enough to fall off. said this happened a few times, check it out

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Pump motor was junk replaced and everything works fine. Thanks to jerre for the help in figuring it out.