1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 slow wings

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 3311, Nov 21, 2009.

1. 3311

3311 Senior Member

The wings on my 8611 seem to be very slow. Is there any adjustment to help that ?

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

slow in the slide box or wing piviot and what does it do up and down???????????

3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

What is the amp draw during the wing operaation?

Check the pump pressure?

What is the fluid level with the wings extended?

Is it both wings at the same time or one at a time?

Is the plow rasied or lowered when you are working the wings?

What are do the solinoids look like??

What about left and right operation rasied and lowered?

Remember pump only works going up so pay more attention to the riase operation to gauge speed.

Lets see what we can come up with. If it was just serviced there might be a fluid pick up tube issue. Did they removed the tank for service or just evac the tank and refill. Did they service the pump screen?

Ron G.

4. 3311

3311 Senior Member

You know me Ron. I don't have the capability to do all of that. I'm not sure R.A has it either. Out of those which would be the one to look at first. How do I check the pump pressure ?

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

wow is ron offically a blizzard plow god??? haha like I said what does it do going up left right and the wings is it slow in the slide box or wing piviot??????????

6. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Slow up and slow in the box.

And nobody can see the wizzard not nobody not nohow!!

7. 4evergreenlawns

I would check the ground and the amp draw if all operation are slow. Sound like the motor might be going.

Pump pressure needs to be checked at the manifold with a 3000PSI gauge for the best results.

Is the motor getting really hot and do you notice a heavy draw on the electrical system??

Ron G.

8. 4evergreenlawns

Not a Blizzard god. Just a guy that has been around the blocks a few times and can still remember when people on forum would just share information and not ask when was the last time you were in Erie, PA before passing on advice.

Ron G.

9. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

agree best place to find adviceof what not to do let someone else be the one who tries it first

10. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check batteries then alt then solenoid then plow motor

11. 3311

3311 Senior Member

New truck new batteries. I will have the motor checked. Thanks.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Can I bring this thread back to life? I was wondering if there was an issue or if you were just unhappy with the speed. Blizzards in general move rather slowly IMO. I was wondering if there is a way to boost pump pressure similar to that of a Western Unimount? I know its a total different beast, but is there a way?

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

810 or 8611?

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Both actually for reference b/c btw me and my buddie we have both, but 8611 on mine.

15. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Are you trying to get the wings to run faster or the whole plow? Mine seems to run at just the right speed.

But trying to run both wings at once it goes rather slow. But what do you expect when your trying to run two cylinders at once.

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I expect a lot more. No difference in the MVP or Boss V's and they move much faster operating both cyls. I want the whole thing to move faster.....angle and all. It's not as if mine has an issue, it's almost new. All of the others I've used or dealt with have moved the same.......slow ;)

17. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Put on a faster pump. You need more cc/rev. Makes a big difference.

18. ctbman

ctbman Member

Someone in another thread said add auxillary power and ground.I did it to mine and it made a big differenc in the speed and no more dimming lights.

19. damian

damian Senior Member

ive been welding a stud to the motor housing and put an 8 inch jumper to the ground point . this saves pumps from arcing and failing.also anderson connectors to run separate power and ground to motor eliminating the stock single plug connection.