1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 slow up with first couple presses-HELP!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by NLS1, Nov 16, 2011.

1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Hey everyone, been a while, but now that snow is almost here, I have a question.

I have tried the forum search and google to no avail.

We bought a "lightly" used 8611pp that came on a Kubota M135x. The main function of the tractor is to run the Shoule Inverted blower, but I still need to use the plow a little on a couple small lots.

Everything seems to work right, except.....

that the plow barely lifts when you hit the up button the first couple times. Then, when there is the full weight finally on the tractor, the next time you hit the button, it shoots right up like it should. Pump runs each time, and you can tell it is drawing lots of current from the tractor.

I am gonna dig into this tomorrow. I will be checking all the grounds, the fluid is full enough, and is the blue stuff.

Not a huge fan of the main power and grounds being so small. I see that as a likely cause. Or is there something stuck in one of the valves maybe, or a relief valve adjusted wrong or something?

Let me know your thoughts!

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

make sure the filter is not up side down
  3. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Thanks Beam, I will check that tomorrow!

4. gbtl

gbtl Member

why dont you use the tractor hydraulics instead?
  5. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I will eventually, but it was already set up electric over hydraulic, and to switch will be over $2000. $1000+ for the blizzard end and $1000+ for the tractor hydraulics.
  6. gbtl

gbtl Member

what would all the cost be? what kind of hydraulic changes does it consist of?
  7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Sounds like a mechanical bind of some sort. Draw latch pins all good?
  8. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Did you get that off Craigslist? The 8611 we had, there was some adjusting for the raise and lower to get it right.

We really need some pictures also, sounds like a sweet rig.