1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 on a CT322 and the DMAX

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Pics of the CT322 in action, got to love the 8611! Also a pic of the DMAX with a 810 and a salt dogg.:gunsfiring:payup:D

2. Mike S

More pics of equipment

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I likeee the truck is even the right color
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

does your skid have a float control for the arms?? id imagine going through alot of cutting edges if your applying full force down on the plow. and does the mount have a system for keeping the plow at the proper angle to the pavement? im considering an 8611 for a skid should we get one.
  5. Mike S

It has float but we probably dont use it at all since where tring to scrape all of the hard pack from the trucks. No the plow doesnt have that feature but if the opperator leaves the boom down it is at the right height. Yes you should buy one!!! My opperators love it! We used to run a push box on it and now that we have used the 8611 we will never use one again as long as we have the 8611. The wear edges are holding up good and so far as of right now we will not have to replace them until mabey next season.
  6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Plows!!!!!

nice truck
  7. Mike S

Thanks!!!! The only thing that would be nicer is a 8611LP on the Dmax.
  8. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We have a 8 ft Avalanche on our Cat257B, and have toyed with the idea of putting an 8611 or Wideout on it for next year. Seem so much more versatile. Are the hydro lines dirst connect or are you still going through the plows power pack?
  9. bonerigo.1

bonerigo.1 Junior Member

You take care of the huge Columbus UPS location? Doesn’t seem like you have a lot of equipment for such a huge place. I don’t mean to insult you at all. I have driven by there quite a few times and wondered who took care of it.
  10. Mike S

It runs off the aux hydro on the machine but has its own valvue assembly and joystick to control the blade. When you turn on the aux hydro nothing happens until you flip one of switches on the joystick.
  11. beano

beano Member

Were those lots in Grove City by chance. Looks like some places i mow by down there. Nice equipment too by the way.
  12. Mike S

No we dont take care of that property and I have more then just a truck and a skid steer in my fleet. I have 2 backhoes, 4 trucks, and 10 skid steers all together on my crew which includes my subs. We used to do the Swift though. That was awsome lot to have. It was the only lot we needed for a season. The UPS terminal would be a nice account to have!
  13. Mike S

Getting closer! Groveport!!! DLC plows the stuff your talking about.
  14. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

lets see a pic of that custom made 10'er
  15. Mike S

Ok hear are the pics of the custom blade!
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  16. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Hey, did you get the fuel problem taken care of on the cab n chassis? Is that the truck in the picture that was having the problem?
  17. Mike S

Yes we did and yes that is the truck! Short in the harness going to the tanks. The short caused the pump to shut off or it would run on 4 cylinders.
  18. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Wow, that's weird. Complete opposite of what my did. I have that same truck, just a gmc. 04 too. Have you had any other problems?
  19. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice stuff
  20. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

Good pictures Mike.