1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 Modification

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MnM, Oct 11, 2012.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

I have a 8611 that i use on one of my trucks now but want to hook it to my tractor. Does anyone know if i can or how i can hook this to the kubota. I want to use a skid steer plate but am asking for some help????????
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Skid steer plate and still run electric or hydro? Plate and electric is remove lift cyl and assembly and attach plate and run electrics. Remove wires from lift and lower coils.

Plate and hydro needs a block to replace the motor/reservoir.

3. MnM

MnM Senior Member

Thanks for your advice Jerre. Is it something I could tackle or something a professional should do? How far is Erie, PA from me lol. Is it something you have done alot or better yet something you would be interested in doing? would you need the tractor as well?
  4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

7 hrs 28 mins / 442.10 miles:)
  5. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

does you yoda have a cab? I would do all hydro
  6. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Where is the best place to gets parts to do this.
  7. MnM

MnM Senior Member

After some research I think I want to use existing electronics on the 8611. Originally wanted to hook to loader arms but have seen many with the plow mounted to the frame and am leaning towards that. I want to also go the least expensive route... Holler at your boy