1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 lp?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by leigh, Dec 4, 2013.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Over in the for sale thread there's a damaged pre dd 8611 lp for sale. What'sthe deal with this model? I have a pre dd810 whick I've had very few problems. Someone warned against the 8611 lp. I thought those concerns were for the newer lp's? Thought this might be a project repair for my gmc 4500. Thanks

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

No deal with this model. Pre DD was golden, after that they took away some weight and people are saying they made them weaker. I have a 2007 8611LP, but have no experience with the newer ones. The one in the for sale thread is mangled pretty good, be careful. That is not an easy or cheap fix. If you can fix it, they are awesome plows. Good luck.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The LP is lighter than the standard, obviously.

But it has the same leverage when the wings are and with less steel are more prone to bending. I have 2 810's--one on the Toolcat and the other is a backup now, but I absolutely hate plowing with the truck one. It's only a foot, but it is very obvious. I still can't believe it, but it's true. Same thing goes with 14' vs 16' back blade.

4. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

I Have a pre dd 8611 i would sell you, its like brand new used on a 06 chevy 3500 for about 10hrs in one season then pulled it off the truck and never had a truck heavy enough since to put it back on complete $3500.00

5. WIPensFan

Has it been sitting outside? I'm interested.

6. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

no has never sat outside this thing is really like new ive been holding on to it thinking I would get a heavy truck again to put it on and never have this year I downsized my accounts so the need for this plow has gotten even smaller than before so its time to move it you can give me a call 217 5193205

7. WIPensFan

I am sending you a private message so check your messages in a few minutes.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If WiPens doesn't want it, I'm interested.

Dang, should have replied off my phone earlier.

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If you were closer I'd start a bidding war! I'll bow out:salute:

10. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

The wings are lighter material, if you got a welder and some time anything is possible,