1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 low pro

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by earnies2, Aug 8, 2005.

1. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

OK I have a 97 F350 DRW 4x4 with a 9' fisher on it I do 95 percent comerical plowing I'ts time to buy a new plow? why would i buy a 8611 instead of a fisher I wish you guys with 810s or 8611s would reply with the prows and cons on your purchace . How long have you had it and what problems if any? I can get a 8611 low pro but i have to ship it in from the mid west i'm wondering if it is worth it? :gunsfiring: :rolleyes:

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I am in the midwest who areyou purchaseing from in this area ? I am shopping for an 810 so a possible supplier would be great. Kinda funny Im shopping in Erie and your looking here.
    Todd

3. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

I have to keep that info under my belt until i know my deal is done their is only a couple of hundred lo pro's being made and to get one is rare!!!! :gunsfiring: :cool:

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Buy a Blizzard because it will increase your productivity by at least 30% over a v-plow. Haven't had any problems other than the plug coming loose. Removed the rigid mount and no more problems.

5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

T-Man,
    Give Jerre Herre a call. www.jerres.com
    He's the man in Erie, PA for plows, but hurry, I don't know how many he has.
    Everett

6. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

This guy is about 10 min from my house.

www.Snowplowsupply.com

Could help?

I am buying a 8611 in about a month

7. T-MAN

Everett I have been coresponding with Jerre all ready, I believe we have a deal just about hashed out for an "Erie special".
    Todd

8. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Todd,
    My Erie Special is coming. I'm getting the 8611 Lo-Pro.
    Everett

9. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

What is an ERIE special? I think the lo pro will become the new standard in the indistry and others will copy it!!!! I cant wait to get mine ( :redbounce I LIVE FOR SNOW :yow!: ) :gunsfiring: :eek:

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Check out Jerre's web site. He has pics and info on there.

William

11. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Does anyone know the weight of the new 8611 low pro? Is there any pictures anywhere of it? Thanks

12. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

no pix it is supposed to mirror the 810 just 8'6" to 11 the factory says it weigs a little more than the 810. I spoke with the customer service rep at the factory he said between 1000 and 1100 lbs :gunsfiring: :cool:

13. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Ernie check your private messages.

14. T-MAN

Ernie Jerre is the Blizzard man. The "Special" is a modified 810 or 8611 that has Jerres special touches. He flips the manifold for better access, runs all larger hydraulic lines for speed and you only need one for a spare. He adds blade stops so your not bending your cylinder pins. Double wing springs and double wing edges. His prices are good and your getting one of the best in the industry.
    Plus I get to take a road trip with Cummins purring away !
    Todd

15. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

What is the 8611 Lo Pro? Anyone have specs and pics?

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

LoPro is an 8611 that is the same height as an 810. Lightened up so that it can go on 1 tons. Approx. 950-1000#'s. Limited production this year, selling fast.

17. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Oh, sounds cool!

Thanks
    Ryan

18. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

i think vinnies truck accessories in westfield mass has one or two coming i know one for sure... i got my 810 sitting there ready for install.

jeff