1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 lopsided?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by RhinoL&L, Jan 2, 2010.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

i have noticed my 8611 seems to be lopsided and lower to the ground on the passenger side. Here are a few pics of the mount, i dont know what is wrong. any ideas?

plowmount.1.jpg

plowmount.2.jpg

plowmount.3.jpg

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like the a frame, or quadrant are bent. Hard to tell for sure which one, but one is bent.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Don't you mean lower on the driver side? The left side of these pictures? Maybe I'm not thinking straight, it's happened before.:)

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

How does it sit on the truck? Is the cutting edge flush?

5. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

sorry, i guess its the driver side, getting mixed up!

when its lifted, it is lopsided, but when its on the ground it sits flush.

This is brand new not even a month ago... and these pics were from last week before we plowed with it.

6. WIPensFan

You know, I have a 8611LP but have never really eyed it up when it's not mounted. It doesn't seem like it should be crooked like that. Then again maybe there is some play in it somewhere?? I'm sure you will take it to your dealer, so let us know what they say. I also think it's strange that your plug is on the passenger side, no big deal, just never seen it over there.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Yep! Looks like something is screwed. You were rite the first time, if mounted the passenger side would be lower. As it sits off the truck the frame is lower on the drivers side. Not a Blizzard guy, but do they have a side to side pivot built in like the Westerns?

8. WIPensFan

When you pull into the plow to mount it up, look and see what moves to allow the mount to slide into place. In order to put the pins in, the holes must line up.

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Twisted A Frame. Framerack time.

10. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Definately hit something hard probably with the wings in, because if the wings where out they would most likely be bent instead. Blizzard's A frame is beefier than any other plow. Maybe it was welded that way?? And is a defect. I would be right back to the dealer, if it was me.

11. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

im going to call the dealer on monday and take it back in probably. It was bent before this past storm, which was the first push, and i ran it the whole time, and am almost positive i didnt hit anything really hard....

12. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Defiantly take it in and make them fix it. No way in hell you can bend it that bad without knowing. Believe me i know

I was in a accident with my 810 2 seasons ago. Hit a chevy avalanche a 30mph. If the aframe is bent where it bolts up like that, most of the time the pivot beam is bent as well. So make sure they replace both.

13. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

A few weeks ago I hit a concrete curb (I think) at about 15-20mph. I was in the back of one of my commerical properties pushing back snow. I bent the cutting edge so if your A frame is bent you would definately know if you hit something. And there are many other weaker areas on that plow that will give way first.

14. whillysfreak

whillysfreak Junior Member

Looks twisted I had one on my work truck and had the center ram all messed up. I would talk to the dealer you got it from blizzard has been good to me and my boss with our blizzard gear. Check over the welds blizzard had some bad welds going out and they gave us a new plow. The way to check is look for uneven or cracked welds.

15. WIPensFan

Did you resolve this? What was it?