1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 for Skid Loader and Dump Truck?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mike S, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys a few questions, 8611 on skid loader whos using them, how do you like them? 8611 on a IH4900 dump truck should I put one on it? We are currently using a CT322. This is the first year with the track loader and not to impressed with it in the snow and ice. Old machine was rubber tire and it pushed one of my 10' pushers, no problem. CTL does ok but it isnt very controlable. Talk to by buddy who is in the same boat he upgraded his cat and couldnt push his pusher very well either so he now is using 14' wings blade. He say it work pretty good. So i would like to switch something else. Finally the dump truck. I know big dumps are in most case not the best for comercial plowing but we do one very big lot that take 30 hour to clear with the CTL, 310 backhoe, and pickup truck for one inch of snow. So needless to say we have a lot of room to move around. The truck is already there for salting and for bringing equipment with us. Why not have the truck plowing instead of sitting there waiting to start salting. I did some research and it will not cost more or much more to go with that blade. I am plumbed for a plow but dont have any mouting on the truck so I am starting from scratch. I had a western that runs off central hyd quoted out and after install it was a little over $6000. I really dont care that the blizzard will not run off the hyd on truck. If I am going to spend the money I want wings! :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

2. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I am running a 8611 on a New Holland 180.b and I have been very impressed.

We have the same issue in that sometimes the snow is not huge in total accumilation but 6"-8" of heavy wet snow compacted down from the 10"-12" it should be and a 12' - 14' box is not moving snow very far.

Having the ablilty to still windrow and take long runs and shave it off allows for productivity from ONE piece of equipment in place of two.

IMHO, well worth the investement and pleanty of versatility down the road as job sites and contracts change!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for input! Where we plow is a trucking complex. The snow packs down before we have a chance to plow it up and the pusher just doesn't peal it up. Another quick question what do you think about 8611 on a IH 2 ton dump truck? I see you are using a 450 and 550 dumps, like to hear your input. I know I am getting pretty big for that blade but GVW is 26,000 which is still in the plows range.